MRA currently issues the following licences, permits and authorisations and accepts the following applications for notifications in the water sector.
The MRA is NO longer responsible for electrician’s or wireman’s Licence A or Licence B. For further information kindly contact the Regulator for Energy and Water Services on 22955000.
Please click on the appropriate link below for further details on these licence. A copy of the relevant application form may be downloaded by clicking on the appropriate link.
- Application for the closure, sealing and decommissioning of a groundwater source . The specifications for sealing of boreholes are: Specifications for sealing of boreholes (2016-12-31). The sample Perit’s certification my be found here: Sample certification.
- Application for registration of users of groundwater sources. This application may also be used to register new users or change users registered with MRA.
- Applikazzjoni għar-Reġistrazzjoni ta’ Utent ta’ Sors tal-Ilma ta’ Taħt l-art
- Application for notification of Groundwater Source (LN 255 of 2008 as amended by LN 460 of 2011).
- Applikazzjoni għal Notifika ta’ Sors tal-Ilma ta’ Taħt l-art
- Application for permit for borehole drilling or excavation works in the saturated zone. This application is applicable only for drilling of seawells and excavation works. There is a moratorium on drilling of new boreholes for abstraction of fresh water. The sample affidavit for the drilling of a replacement borehole may be found here: Sample affidavit. Once completed, a drilling log should be submitted. A sample that is suitable may be found here: Sample drilling log
Appeals: In terms of the Malta Resources Authority Act, an appeal shall lie to the administrative Review Tribunal on any decision of the Authority in accordance with the provisions of this Act and any regulations made thereunder, and the right to appeal shall be competent to any person aggrieved by such decision.
Single point of contact in Malta: https://businessfirst.com.mt/